Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day One

Welcome to my new blog. Here is where I'll document my various adventures in inventing drinks. So let's get on with it.

Name of Drink: Clifford

Ingredients:
1 part Absolut Apeach Vodka
1 part pink grapefruit juice
1/4 part grenadine

Served on the rocks

Pass/Fail: Fail

Notes: I'll focus on how I named this drink, because that's much more interesting than the taste. From Peach I got Fuzzy (like fuzzy navel), from grapefruit juice I got Dog (like greyhound and salty dog), and from grenadine I got Red (because it's red, duh). So that makes a Fuzzy Red Dog. Which is Clifford. Kinda.

Anyway, the peach and grapefruit flavors don't play together very nicely, much to my disappointment. The grenadine helps add a touch of syrupy sweet to drown it out, but it's just not my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment