Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 140: A Failed Attempt at Deciding My Future

I've spent several hours today going through course schedules, descriptions, and suggested career pathways to figure out what classes I should take and when. After this summer, I'll only have four more semesters to squeeze in all the stuff I still want to learn, and some classes are prerequisites for others, and some are only offered once a year, so I feel like I'm playing an enormous game of Tetris with my life right now.

The school doesn't require me to pick a specialization, but it has some suggested pathways with appropriate foundation courses for each. The problem is that I still don't know what I want to do. I decided to convert the text for each career pathway page into a word cloud and see if a visual representation might make it more clear.




It didn't help. But it did make the word Information start to look really weird.

Hopefully, I'll be able to narrow it down a little each semester. Or I'll just keep taking more and more classes until it's time to retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment