Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 146: Nut Liquor

For a long time, I've had a dream. It's a dream of making my own infused vodka.

It all started when I decided I needed peanut butter vodka for a variety of drinky inventions I had in mind. Amaretto (almond) and Frangelico (hazelnut) just don't cut it.

I've heard a rumor that peanut vodka exists somewhere, but not in my liquor store, so I had to take matters into my own hands.

So here's what happened. On Tuesday, I started with a jug o'vodka and some unsalted peanuts.



I put them together in a plastic drinking bottle.



I let the bottle sit, shaking it up a few times each day.

Today, I decided I'd waited long enough, so I pulled out a strainer and coffee filters and started the filtering process.



It was still cloudy after the first pass, so I filtered a total of three times.







And here it is in its pretty little bottle, flanked by mom and dad.

And I dare say my peanut vodka is a success. Very peanutty. For my first drink, I mixed peanut vodka with chocolate liqueur and a bit of milk. Reese's peanut butter cup - voila!




Now I'm ready to infuse all kinds of stuff into vodka. Stay tuned for results.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment