Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 193: Cheer Up, Emo Kid


This morning, I was feeling a bit emo about my life. Sometimes it helps to condense all my angst into 17 syllables.

Clearly, my emo haikus aren't destined for publication, and they probably aren't even suited for sharing with anyone outside of my own brain, but here they are anyway.

I'm full of feelings
But not the right ones, it seems.
Is it me or them?
I feel too different
Just like the ugly duckling
Waiting for my swans.
Good at many things
But excellent at nothing
That earns a living. 
Smart, funny, clever.
Not sexy or flirtatious.
Thus, invisible. 
When I have spare time
I never do what I should.
I play games instead. 
Hypocritical
Religion and politics.
Where's the compassion? 
I'm a great student.
That will never pay the rent.
Cardboard box with books.

And yes, I'm feeling better now. No, you don't need to worry about me or pity me or even comment on my haikus. I'm very happy with my life, but I have ups and downs like anyone, and sometimes I choose to make my Make from this kind of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment