Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 211: I Now Possess the Power of Popcorn

Today I had a hankering for popcorn, but not the microwave kind. Unfortunately, my popcorn popper is still MIA, probably buried at the bottom of my storage unit under two tons of scrapbooking supplies. So I did something I've never done before -- I made popcorn using oil and a pan. Crazy talk! When my mom showed me how to do this a few months ago, I never thought I'd actually resort to stove-top popcorning.



A little popcorn goes a very long way, as it turns out. And a lid is very important. Both of these pictures were taken under the very real threat of being shot in the eye by a blazing-hot oil-soaked death-kernel.


Not only did I make this beautiful popcorn (only half of which fit in the bowl), I also made a delicious concoction of butter, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese to drizzle over the top.



I declare this experiment a success, and now I can have popcorn any time I want.

I wonder if I'll have to start trying different toppings now...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment