Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 212: Recipe Cards

Today I made some recipe cards. I basically wanted plain index cards, so I can write down the recipes I like and have a "pull one out of the hat" kind of meal-planning system, but plain index cards just aren't fun enough. So I printed out little pictures of veggies Mat drew in Illustrator long ago and punched them out with my button circle puncher.


There's not really any logical reason why the veggies (and fruit, in the case of the cherries, and technically in the case of the tomato too) stick up above the edge of the cards, except that I like it that way.


Now to start writing my favorite recipes on the cards (tuna casserole, etc.) and find a box to put them in. Then I can try new recipes and write them on cards if they bear repeating. That'll be handy, since I have about 10 cookbooks checked out from the library right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment