Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 237: My To-Do List for Fall Semester

Today is the first day of fall semester, and I've spent the last couple hours reading through my various syllabi with increasing awe and panic. So my make for today is a list of all the things I will have to learn and (in theory) master by December.

  • Read, write, and speak the Spanish language
  • Spanish-speaking culture, geography, and history
  • Unix
  • File formats
  • HTML, XHTML, HTML5
  • CSS
  • Web 2.0 design
  • Blogs, wikis, IM, collaborative writing
  • RSS, widgets
  • Podcasting, digital storytelling
  • XML, XSLT
  • Client side/server side programming
  • PHP
  • JavaScript
  • Social research ethics and politics
  • Research design
  • IRB certification
  • Sampling, measurement, typologies
  • Descriptive statistics
  • Qualitative field research
  • Evaluation research
  • Inferential/multivariate statistics
  • Research proposal writing

At least I'll have 15 weeks to do 15 weeks of work this semester. Of course, I'm also working full time this semester. It'll be an adventure. 

By the way, I've already started figuring out how I'm going to alter my 365 project for 2012. But more on that later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment