Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 356: Ella Minnow Pea

I'm currently reading a book called Ella Minnow Pea: A Novel in Letters.


It's very funny and clever in a word-nerd kind of way. A major theme in the book is the pangram you probably have heard: The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog. (A pangram is a sentence using every letter of the alphabet.)

For today's make, I made a minimally planned and hastily executed bookmark for this book.


It's covered on both sides with pangrams, some of which are pretty funny, and all of which are more interesting than the fox/dog one.


If you like nerdy word stuff, I recommend this book. Although I'm only halfway done, so it might turn to crap at any moment.

Oh, and I had to pick my favorite pangram, it would probably be this: The big plump jowls of zany Dick Nixon quiver.

But I also agree with the sentiment of Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment