Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 366: A Very Large Number

For the past few days, I've been calculating the cost of the books, audiobooks, and DVDs I've checked out from the library this year. Actually, it's only the past 6 months, because I didn't activate the little "keep track of my checkout history" feature until June.

So here are the dollar values for the materials I borrowed from the Sno-Isle Libraries since June. In other words, this is how much money I saved by borrowing these things for free rather than buying them (not that I would have bought most of them anyway). Put another way, this is the value I've received for whatever tax dollars I've spent toward libraries.

Books: $961.15
Audiobooks: $1664.45
DVDs: $654.34
Total: $3279.94

If you assume I checked out just as much stuff in the first half of the year, which I definitely did, that adds up to over $6500.00 for the year.

$6500!

Not too shabby.

For all of you who pay taxes and don't use the library, I thank you for your contributions to my super awesome money-saving scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment