Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 364: Not Just for Garnish

Today I made kale chips. Like potato chips, but with kale. And baked instead of fried. The ladies at work have talked about wanting to try them, so I gave it a shot. First, I tore the kale into bite-size pieces and removed any thick stemmy parts. Then I washed the leaves and lovingly patted each one dry.


Next, I tossed them with a little olive oil and seasoned salt, plus the teensiest amount of garlic powder, and spread them out on parchment on a baking stone.


I baked them at 350 for 12 minutes, when the edges were brown but not burnt.


They're not pretty, but they taste pretty good. Maybe a bit salty. They're so thin and light that they just disintegrate in my mouth. I'd probably make them again, with different seasoning and less salt. Now they're all packed up and ready to go to work tomorrow, so my coworkers can try them out too. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment