Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 29: Tournament of Dreamboats

Today's project took longer than expected. First I had to make up the bracketology tournament graphic thingies, and then I had to decide what to put in the slots. I decided to pick four of my favorite dreamy actors for the four 'regionals.' In case you've been living under a rock, the top left corner is Brad Pitt, bottom left is Christian Bale, top right is Johnny Depp, and bottom right is Bruce Willis (not so much dreamy, per se, but I adore him). Deciding was harder than I thought it would be. Limiting each actor to just 8 movies was hard enough. Then, each time I left a movie behind, I felt like a tiny little part of me was dying.

I had many criteria for my decisions, including how much I enjoyed the movie overall, how much I enjoyed the particular character, how much that character added to the awesomeness of the movie, how much I like re-watching the movie, how quotable the character is, and my gut feeling. I could write paragraphs on my reasonings, but I don't think that's necessary. And I'm too lazy. (click on images to see 'em bigger)


I'd be interested to see what outcome you get using my same starting points. I'll even include a form for you to use, if you're into that sort of thing.

Since I went to the trouble of building this whole tournament grid, I imagine I'll be having more of these little face-offs in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I didn't look at your completed bracket too closely before I did my own. It is interesting to me that I chose Equilibrium as one of my final two. Even more interesting: we had the same final dreamboats: Bruce and Christian. My Bruce movie (of the ones you listed) is The Fifth Element. I think Bruce is dreamy (and looks great bald). He's more catnip to me now than in his Moonlighting days.

    ReplyDelete